VBA 0.00% 35.5¢ virgin blue holdings limited

Cheers for your points almond...I feel that these prices may be...

1. 67 Posts.
    Cheers for your points almond...

I feel that these prices may be achieveable only because of the following, and of course Italy and Greece etc notwithstanding.

The share was issued in 03/04 at 2.25 and after the gloss went away it wandered up and down until it languished where it is now. There was really not real justification for this as the company slowly grew to an important size in the Oz market place. It was battered by the GFC and never really came back, notably however a lack of dividends has always acted against it (and any other company for that matter). It is now in a position to commence dividend payments, and time will tell if it does, obviously a quality mature company pays dividends to stockholders. VBA is in a position to pay them and so should pay them. Hopefully Borgetti will realise this. A 2 cent dividend would only cost $40 million. I'm hoping for a $200 million result in 12 months - time will tell.

The other positives are really reason enough for the share price to recover to issue parity (IMHO) but I could well be wrong. Anyhows I intend to hold for 9 more years, so they can contribute to my retirement fund. It seems to me however that Australians always look to the US and Euro markets for 'leads' on the day. This irks me greatly. We can and should look to our own market factors (as US and Euro citizens mostly do) - in other words they consider their own risks and factors - somewhat braver than us it seems. I really puke when I watch the biz news on TV and the reporter says something like: "Shares were lacklustre and there was quiet trading due to a holiday on wallstreet!" Or "Investors were looking for overseas direction!" Many of the factors affecting Oz shares actually happen here in Oz too! In fact most of the factors are here.

If the euro falls in a weeks time, VBA will still be flying people all over Oz - that is a given. It is entrenched and should be treated as the asset it is, not some penny ante stock. However market forces are market forces and it is what it is, so may the pennies fall where they do. I just feel positive on it and hopefully it will hit a sudden upward correction after dividends are announced, otherwise it may be a slow climb. Anyways I'm here for the long haul because I like what I see and Borgetti is doin' great. Imagine how Qantas would be if he got the job over Joyce - food for thought. I fuel planes for a living and I can see the changes in VBA every day Totally agree on limited downside too - great point. It will be a slow haul, but all the signs are there - VBA's not a dot com, it is a quality animal on a personal fitness kick. Best Wishes to all VBA investors...
    Thanxs for the reply.
    Regards Steve

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.