CTP 5.45% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

Let's see whether this becomes another Hotcopper heartache...

1. 194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I've been away from HotCopper for a few years. But have been following CTP for quite a while through the long list of RC movements. Previous ones were NXS and AKK. Both ended badly and the jury is out on CTP, but initially the market is telling us what it thinks about the outcome of the vote.

And I'd agree. Basically as of yesterday we could have received a 50% return on the market value of the shares. Without getting sentimental about a stock that's a financial return that I would be more than happy to pocket on any investment.

I understand that people paid much higher, but that's the pain of investing. I went through the same thing with NXS having paid over $1.50 for a share that should have gone to $4-$5, but then external factors went against it. And then people, decisions and contract terms did the rest. In the end a shareholder revolt group managed to convince a wider group to reject a low ball offer of 2c from Seven Group, but in hindsight it was better than nothing!

I'm not saying that CTP is in the same position, but when you get into the what's required to implement projects, funding terms and costs, timing of cashflows and profits, whether an equity raising will be required irrespective, nothing is certain.

I will be watching keenly for detail on the supposed better alternative and any whether it will cause further destabilisation on the company.

There wasn't much in the vote and I still think Macquarie coming back with a sweetened offer is something that I'm still up for as being the best outcome for CTP without having a crystal ball on external factors.

Hopefully this selling is just those that were in it for the vote to get out and then we'll see some share price stability.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.003(5.45%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.2¢ $35.73K 687.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 550000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 99854 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.