GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

lets settle this!, page-37

1. 66 Posts.
    Yilyanga,
    I have pasted a news article from last year.
    Check the last paragraph, why could GEMCO dredge straight away?? What about the songlines, where was the media backlash by the TOs.
    I think GOT are being a lot more responsible in their actions to date and is dredging and spilling ore into the water non invasive??

Look forward to your thoughts and maybe you could point us in the direction of the Facebook site that was set up in protestof these actions, and to the person who is employed full time to lobby against GEMCO??

Thanks

GEMCO sees spill backlash

By Cole Latimer on 29 April 2010

Northern Territory miner GEMCO has seen an angry backlash from the Territory Government after an accidental spill.

The miner accidentally dumped two tonnes of manganese iron ore into the sea at its port facility last week.

However, the incident was not reported until yesterday, angering the Government.

The Northern Territory Environment Minister Karl Hampton has sent inspectors to the site, declaring that he has expressed his anger to GEMCO over the fact it was not reported, adding that fines for polluters would be doubled following this incident, according to the ABC.

Despite the lag between the incident and notifying the authorities, ?to their credit GEMCO they immediately reacted and they put a container under the conveyor belt and also they dredged the area where the manganese was dumped into the sea,? NT Resources Minister Kon Vatskalis told the ABC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.