PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Well said Marry878 (Again)!. It is rare I see someone local here...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 119
    Well said Marry878 (Again)!. It is rare I see someone local here with this impartial insight to the pros and cons of the 2 style of government.

I grew up in a country (not China) that is dominated by one party. The government gets criticised a lot for not giving sufficient democracy to the people. However, the country develops sophisticated and advance infrastructure projects that brings about huge improvement to quality of life too. Everything is balanced in a way, it's easy to sit on a pedestal and criticise a different government when its idealism doesn't suit yours. When I moved to Europe, what I saw was multiple parties spending so much money, time and energy fighting each other to gain superficial traction just to win the next election, so little time is spent on long term projects. I found in Australia, with only 3-year terms that issue seems even worse.

I always believe that Australia is a successful country due to the enterprising nature and resilience of the common people - the government has very little to do with it, and in many ways sadly practically impedes the development. I'm glad for companies like Phoslock, as Marry878 describes, go for where the guaranteed money is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.