DTR 4.17% 1.2¢ dateline resources limited

Let's Talk Tate Earths

1. 238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Yep, rare earth miners are down. across the board, at the moment. Why? My research shows that this is a tough question. Some commentators are blaming ignorance on the part of investment fund managers, and that may be a small part of the issue. Others are blaming Tesla for muddying the science, but Tesla is only doing what they should to increase their future profitability. There is also the spat between China and everyone else about supply chains. And most of the REE processing IP is tightly held in China.
    That IP situation will change as governments formulate new strategies and policies to build alternative supply chains.
    One of the big issues with REEs is the lack of processing and production facilities. LYC, and, to some extent, ARU, is addressing this in Oz, and MP is addressing this in the USA. The MP one is critical to DTR because it is right next door.
    None of these processing plants are yet operational, and therein lies the opportunity. Because neither is DTR ready to mine REEs, they are still mapping the field.
    By the time DTR is ready, MP's plant should also be ready, and their magnet factory in Forth Worth should not be far behind.
    DTR has great prospects in this sector that the current drilling program will illuminate.
    Yes, there is a lot of external investment to be made as the world continues to shift away from fossil fuels and towards electric. That is the role of governments - to co-fund and otherwise encourage such investments.
    What about Tesla? Don't they matter? Not much. Yes, they account for, according to some commentators, 2-3% of REE magnet demand. What is interesting is that a single wind turbine can use about 1 tonne of Rare Earth material.
    So, by the time DTR is ready to mine REEs, MP should have their processing plant ready and governments should be in a mood to improve the energy balance strongly towards electric.
    This is all just from my research, and you should probably do some independent investigation yourself. But I am happy with DTR. Should the SP be higher? Absolutely! But the market will catch up. So now it simply represents a buying opportunity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $16.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $13.72K 1.150M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 4474512 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 3100000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.1¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ 700000
Last updated 11.56am 24/05/2024 ?
DTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.