ATH 25.0% 0.3¢ alterity therapeutics limited

letter to gk, page-17

1. 5,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1144
    We know that Mr Lawler was on PBT2, not placebo. We also know that his family were impressed with the changes in him from early in the trial. Here is one excerpt from one interview I found. Excuse me if it has been put here before:

"Professor McFarlane has been overseeing the trial of the drug at Caulfield Hospital, part of a worldwide study, and Kelvin is one of the participants. "He's been with us for 14 months and is a poster child for success in clinical trials", Professor McFarlane said.

"Within first month he started to remember things like where his favourite cup was", Yvette said.

Each participant is given the drug to take daily and once a month they're tested. "One of the tests would involve showing the patient words printed on cards, getting them to say those words out loud to register them, then removing them and testing their ability recall the word", Professor McFarlane said.

The preliminary results are incredible. "In people with mild Alzheimer's disease it slowed the rate of progression by about 30% compared to people who took the placebo", he added.

Before it can be put on the market thought, more trials are needed. "Again we're looking to recruit 2000 patients worldwide -- this time targeting only patients at the mild stage of disease", Professor McFarlane said.

"Absolutely it's changed his life for good", Yvette said."

So there we have anecdotal evidence of an improvement in memory. Certainly enough to impress Prof. McFarlane.
    We will just have to wait until the end of the Extension to see if anything significant can be found.
    Mind you, a trial with 2000 patients is really what is needed.

The Cat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.