CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

Here is my e-mail to the member for the greens. I would...

1. 127 Posts.
    Here is my e-mail to the member for the greens. I would encourage all to write something also.

Dear Larissa,

I am writing to you to express my disappointment towards your description of Underground Coal Gasification as 'dirty and risky'. As at present, there has been no definitive proof that either Cougar Energy nor Carbon Energy have released any pollutants that may have caused detriment to bore water (at Kingaroy) or creek water (at Kogan) according to safe drinking levels. I would hope that as a member for the Greens, you would also consider the number of pesticedes and herbicides used to assist in the growth and protection of crops and livestock(and whether they are carcinogenic) alongside the misinformation that has been generated through the media.

As a believer in the climate change phenomenon, but also considering myself a pragmatist, I am astounded that a technology that will revolutionise the coal industry, and allow for less CO2 emisions per the amount of coal burnt (around 25%) and almost zero particulates, that you do not support such a technology. Underground Coal Gasification also has the ability to be carbon capture and storage ready, with a mandate enforced for the capture of CO2 built into Underground Coal Gasification. Consequently, when CCS becomes available, some 90 odd percent of the CO2 from the syngas produced is captured.

I agree with and support your statement, "I will stand up for the clean energy jobs that Queensland could be creating and for the 63,000 people whose jobs depend on a healthy Great Barrier Reef which is at risk of climate change", but your addition of "from burning coal" at the end of this sentence creates the suspicion that perhaps you are agenda driven and that the only clean environmental message you think will tug at the heartstrings of voters is the anti-coal message.

I also understand that there are a number of economical factors to be taken into consideration. And this is but one point where I believe underground coal gasification excells. The amount of energy that can be provided by this technology is truly astounding. It has the ability to keep electricity prices down as it requires a low capital expenditure as well as low ongoing operational costs. So why is it that you have in front of you, a technology that not only promises to vastly reduce CO2 emissions, but also promises the reduced cost of electricity, and yet you do not support it?

I would hope that with some 70 successful years of syngas production via underground coal gasification in the former USSR, and with the technical ability and know how of our fellow Australians in this industry, that you reconsider your position on Underground Coal Gasification.

Kind Regards,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.