I posted this this morning but a lot of you were busy smacking...

1. 501 Posts.
    I posted this this morning but a lot of you were busy smacking your lips over the Dow. Here it is again.

An open letter to the Prime Minister of Australia, The Hon. John Howard MP.

Dear John, Your Machiavellian Machinations ( or IR reforms as you like to call them) could, I feel, turn out to be your nemesis.It's like watching a poisoned chalice in the making which neither Peter Costello nor your Liberal party will forgive or forget for a long, long time.

"Industrial Realations" is a many facetted subject embracing aspects throughout industry from boardrooms to benchtops and reforms should not be lightly undertaken by the inexperienced or by simply putting a spin on ill-conceived legislation victimizing the less fortunate in our community.

There's an old saying; "The bottle neck of any bottle is always at the top" If you perceive a productivity problem in Australian industry John, that's where you should look to fix it, at the top, not by picking on the likes of single parents and students trying to eke out a living with enough problems as it is.

I urge you John, give it up now or do it properly with input from those who have worked at the IR "coal face" and academics who have studied it.

If it helps you to put things into perspective John, look at it this way; You imported Sir John Wheeler at great expense from the UK as a consultant on airport security yet when it comes to a far more important matter like IR reform, you decide to do it yourself even though in your 60+ years you have never experienced work in an industrial environment.

Silly isn't it John?

Tactic @ Hotcopper

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.