VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

Thanks for these articles Tony. I found them very interesting....

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Thanks for these articles Tony. I found them very interesting. Nonetheless, I still have a nagging skepticism about one particular assumption that seems to underpin the optimism in this article regarding the evolving nature of ATMs. In part 2 of the article in said ...
    "Cash, growing in terms of currency in circulation at rates significantly higher than average GDP rates, definitely isn't going into the museum in this generation or the next. It has proved one of history's most endurable and popular technologies and has been the most dominant form of money ever.
    Given that cash is not "broken" and that there is no compelling business case to remove cash, I can safely assume it will still be needed in 2067."

Really? I mean that is not my personal experience here in Australia. Cash is becoming more exotic by the day! However, in places like India (where we have significant interest!) I recently experienced an multi level use of digital and cash transactions - not surprisingly, in rural and more traditional areas, cash was king whereas is the westernised cities it was as it is in Australia. I experience the same differences in Indonesian where I spend time.

I think the assumptions on which the optimism re ATM's are viewed in these articles needs more fine grained analysis. I mean, is Modi going to stop at his last intervention to move to cashless economies? And to be so bold as to predict how technology will unfold up to 2067 may be interesting, but dangerous when considering investment decisions with TSN. The big Q is whether to stay wedded to Tsi or make a clean break. I for one think that TSN is acting wisely, despite the sentiment we have for Tsi. Whilst the future ATM as described with all the technological wizardry in this article is impressive, I just can't see them as becoming more than an historically, geographically deployed 'middle man' between personal devices and the service provider (banks). There is a good reason why bank branches are closing. I see ATM's going the same way, and sooner than later.

Good to see TSN being nimble in this fast moving environment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.