WDS 1.16% $28.84 woodside energy group ltd

From the UK TeleQUOTEMr Putin has vowed to retaliate against any...

1. 14,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 703
    From the UK Tele

Mr Putin has vowed to retaliate against any sanctions “aggression” with equally damaging measures. Analysts doubt that he would risk cutting off gas to Germany or Italy but he might try to divide the EU Council by menacing minnows in Eastern Europe. Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania rely on Russia for 100pc of their gas.

Western strategists are looking at the use of “regasification ships” that can supply liquefied natural gas quickly to smaller countries that do not yet have their own LNG terminals.
    ENDQUOTE

Depending how this plays out we may see some escalation in LNG prices later in 2014.

Russia is a big energy supplier. Disruption of Russian energy supplies could see a price spike. That fear may drive sanctions to be weak though. If sanctions are tough and Russia uses energy as its counter sanction.....global energy prices wont sit still.

Leviathan is well placed to supply the europe region. Plenty of geopolitical risk in terms of conflict with neighbours but the Israelis are the pick of the bunch in the region in terms of their internal political stability. If you are in the ME at all then israel would be my pick in terms of the safest place to invest. Everywhere else in the ME is subject to even greater political risk and potential extremist governments delivered by violent popular uprisings against essentially non-democratic "governments" with dictators and self appointed royal families, massive energy wealth and widespread poverty in the populations. Powder keg region.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.84
Change
0.330(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $54.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.85 $28.93 $28.73 $83.53M 2.894M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2309 $28.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.85 2709 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.