SYR 1.75% 28.0¢ syrah resources limited

Great mention Proga about the rising input costs to syn graphite...

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Great mention Proga about the rising input costs to syn graphite and China's current challenging production profile in this forum.

What is less mentioned based on what i noticed so far in some of the commentary in this forum is the long-term sustainability of synthetic graphite as anode material of choice, certainly regarding the basis of using 100% syn graphite rather than blending with 50/50 with nat.graphite.

In recent months, i have been digging in a lot regarding this issue, not only from an ESG perspective, but also what are the key plausible bottlenecks that could derail China's ever over-reliance of using synthetic graphite as anode material. In particular, I have also been doing preliminary research into the needle coke industry - and based on my preliminary research so far - this could emerge as one of the biggest structural bottleneck to the projected synthetic graphite production growth to meet LT trends in EV batteries.

When i have a bit more time later, i will articulate more on this needle coke issue to supplement what you started about synthetic graphite rising cost issues. So, stay tune.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.