IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

LGC price $72.75, page-2

1. 65 Posts.
    Well I might as well join the 'bull' side of the argument. Very, very interesting initiative from WA-govt. owned integrated electricity provider Synergy (see link below), tendering for large scale generation certificates (LGCs) from anywhere in Australia. This is positive for IFN because:

* it has a development pipeline of 1200MW large scale wind projects
    * while balance sheet constrained, with a PPA, financing should be relatively easy
    * it has an excellent reputation / good corporate governance due to being publicly listed
    * Synergy has ~8% of Australia's REC liabilities (2009 numbers albeit), so it would have been a targeted customer (for IFN for the last 5+ years) and should have established relationships. Admittedly like the ACT auction, there will be lots and lots of competition.

The way I think about IFN is the LGC price with its current generation gives IFN a valuation >50c, with lumpy upside if they are able to deploy the 1200MW development pipeline.

Link:
    http://reneweconomy.com.au/2015/synergy-tenders-for-renewable-energy-projects-and-certificates-49657
    Last edited by markyjones: 10/11/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.