LGL 3.14% $1.48 lynch group holdings limited

are you guys serious $1.32, well i average now at $3.08 have a...

1. 1,088 Posts.
    are you guys serious $1.32,
    well i average now at $3.08
    have a very small amount and i'm thinking now if i wait for 1.32 i could invest lots of spare cash and own quadripple my holding and average my price to about $1.50 ish

long term if we get a 1980's scenario in the next 3years i could expect LGL to be about $5-$8 if gold hit $1500-$2500

seems like a good 500% + gain. great investment plan yeah!!! i'm excited, wow can you feel it, tell all your friends

but i have these questions that bug me and think more than once about the plan

what will equities and gold paper be worth in the future for gold to realise this price the paper market and losses that result as a concequence of it will make all shares trade at worthless prices?
    The US will do anything to keep us gold bugs from making $ through gold. is it worth the risk? what if gold mines need to be shut down that will kill sentiment in the sector even more. LGL may have its own survival and economic issues

imagine theses numbers by 2010-2011

gold $1500
    oil $200
    costs $600 per ounce
    XAO 3500 (bleeding worthless financials) USD tanking
    XMJ ? dont know its a paper based indicator.

HUI ? same
    XAU ? same

the physical will be worth something but will leveraging unwinding derivatives and junk paper make LGL a worthwhile investment. yeah profits will be up but will hedge funds traders and super funds have the money to drive the SP up? where will this investment money come from

I dont have a problem with this companys fundamentals for the future and thats the reason why i believe its a good growing company which will produce more profits in the future. But what concerns me is that based on fundamentals it keeps making more profits each year or so and it has hardly risen in value over the years. does it have alot of catching up to do or will it just behave the same way as history has always proved.

The SP is now below at a 7 year average.
    -tve% average return over this period is making me think what the F&^*

Total Shareholder Return (avg annual rate)
    1 Yr 3 Yr 5 Yr 10 Yr
    -55.6% -3.0% 1.1% -2.0%

LGL could lose 40-90% from here or go up 5-10 fold
    gold could half or go up 3 fold

that is leverage for you and if you are willing to participate in it taking the riskier paper option

to buy up at 1.32 or $1 or 0.50 or sell out now or just buy physical bullion. that is the question

my point is it just because gold will go up it doesnt guarantee that LGL or any other gold based stock will be worth more in the future. it makes you wonder whats the point of investing in gold shares. it feels like a speculative long term gamble right now from 6 months ago where this was looking promising. I understand that there is high volatility in this market which fluctuates the price but by 50+% to the downside??? come on.. is the media BS us or do we just accept it hide and run for cover

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.045(3.14%)
Mkt cap ! $180.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.44 $1.48 $1.43 $20.86K 14.46K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 406 $1.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.85 1146 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.29pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.