PLS 3.83% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

Ralii, I am assuming you are interested in discussing the issues...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Ralii, I am assuming you are interested in discussing the issues rather than trying to provoke.

Regarding your questions and statements.

1. is the fate of Li batteries in EV comparable to Betamax tapes?

I assume you are asking will it fail to last against a competitive technology? (ie like how VHS beat Betamax in the market during the reign of video cassettes, despite being the inferior technology?)

I think that is unlikely in the short term.

Which competing technology are you thinking of in EVs? Eventually I am sure there will be alternative storage technologies that will supplant Li based ones but can't see that happening for a while, so no, not in the next decade or so (may be wrong but to get a totally new technology that doesn't even exist yet, up and in production in 10 years to supplant one that exists and is maturing and is widely used... seems unlikely).

2. The cons of LI batteries in EV are many, however the slow take off of the technology could be detrimental, it's only a matter of time!

a. the cons of Li batteries in EV are many. There are a number of negatives. That said in current production EVs, Li is the main game. Name another technology that has wider use in EVs? For its faults, it appears to be the best current choice by a large margin.

b. Li batteries in EVs are taking off slowly

They are? Curious why you say that. What technology in EVs is beating it? I would say Li in EVs is in fact ramping up rapidly.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.110(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $8.969B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.99 $3.10 $2.95 $98.90M 32.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 16986 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 175531 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.