AGY 11.1% 4.0¢ argosy minerals limited

GCar reiterated my point about the supply/demand situation...

1. 2,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5800
    GCar reiterated my point about the supply/demand situation succinctly, so I don't need to go there again.   
    I'll just add a bit of information about EV demand in China which seems far from weak.
    For the Jan-Aug period its up 36% YOY (39% wholesale).
    RKEquity (in particular Rodney Hooper whose models I take seriously) modelled growth at 31% for this year and resulted in a slight undersupply.   We are above those levels.
    September looks even stronger at 40% YOY growth for the 1st of Sept to the 24th period so far.   
    So I don't really see EV sales as slowing in China at all.  The media often gets lazy to explain the spot price and resort to 'slowing EV sales' which just doesn't match the figures.   

wx2_Wpjv.jpeg

A little bit on the quality of Chinese EVs.  This was a much bigger problem under the old subsidy scheme with literally a hundred plus EV brands milking the system.  However, EV sales are now dominated by BYD who actually make decent EVs that compete against the likes of Tesla over there.  They even export these to Australia and Europe.  In Europe they are displacing traditional auto companies like VW in the EV space so much so that the EU is currently crying hard about it.  A lot of the junk EV brands are extinct now in a commercial survival of the fittest culling after China dropped subsidies for a while.  China today has serious EV option for its consumers like Tesla and BYD, so there really is no room for junk automakers anymore as is reflected in the sales by car maker figures.    
    1E.png

'It seems a bit ironic to complain about there being 'puritan police' here in the same breath as throwing out ad hominems in the way you did'

In my defence, you seemed to miss/ignore the argument and then insinuated I tone down my ramping when I never even mentioned AGY and was just spitballing some sector related bottom based supply/cost curve arguments.  Anyhow, my apologies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.004(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $56.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $166.3K 4.326M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 156230 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 1540543 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.47am 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.