AGY 11.1% 4.0¢ argosy minerals limited

I respectfully disagree and think Toyota is just trying to save...

1. 2,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5800
    I respectfully disagree and think Toyota is just trying to save face. I still remember vividly the absolutely dead end they hit going down the hydrogen path. I remember back then (5 years+ back) them still claiming hydrogen is the future, not EVs.
    113.jpg
    111.jpg

More recently, they're admitting failure with their Mirai flagship vehicle struggle to get sales due ultimately to the fact that hydrogen is just far more expensive than charging from the grid due to pure fundamental physics-based inefficiencies (not to mention car cost and the colossal cost of the infrastructure needed to make hydrogen fuel mainstream).

112.jpg

This dead-end hydrogen focus put them behind in EVs and it's all face saving today IMO. Hybrids will eventually disappear also, so Toyota will be wrong again to stick to that face-saving deflection. This is because the market share of hybrids is dropping rapidly to pure EVs. Australia is often way behind the world but even here, the trend is clear. Having two engines, one that is a fossil fuel CO2 emitting one, is at best a stepping stone to pure EVs and has no future.

114.jpg

I could also go one about their solid-state battery claims (which they've been going on about for a decade now). End of the day, until I see Toyota put up something to compete with Tesla in the pure EV market, they are way behind in my books with a history of getting it wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.