AGY 2.63% 3.7¢ argosy minerals limited

Li-related News/Articles/Reports, page-5755

1. 2,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1462
    Fair enough.

I agree Hydrogen is too expensive right now, always said that. I think Toyota are more forward-looking and open to it being a possibility eventually when technologies evolve. Doesn't mean to stop all R&D all together and write that alternative off just because it's not viable today. If that were the mindset of any innovator, we'd see no technological evolution.

I don't think they're trying to 'save face' at all. Toyota have not lost out on anything. And having more experience than most manufactures won't have a problem with their own BEV range. They're taking their time, clearly, and it's paying off.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5691/5691037-7982e2062ec52852d268798208fb9257.jpg

On the other hand, Tesla are going to struggle moving forward, yes they were innovators and really put "EV's" on the map, but their average-offering overpriced cars will find itself hard-pressed against BEV's coming from the other larger motor manufacturers who've been around 5+ times longer.

If hybrids were on the way out, I don't think Ford would be bothering with the Ranger PHEV in 2025... I can't speak for other markets, but I don't see hybrids going anywhere any time soon in Australia. Infrastructure doesn't support a pure EV country, it's as simple as that, and won't for a very long time.

Your graph shows a decline in PHEV's just when EV's really became mainstream and with the media frenzy that comes with it. Tesla just released their Model 3 into the Australian market at the start of that decline. Of course people will jump onto the 'latest and greatest' thing. We'll have to check the graph in another two decades, once the EV hype dies down and renewable vehicles becomes the norm for an accurate comparison.

We'll have to wait and see what the future holds. But to say Toyota are making excuses because the uptake of one technology didn't take 10 years ago, I don't buy that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.