AGY 5.56% 3.8¢ argosy minerals limited

Li-related News/Articles/Reports, page-7805

1. 4,123 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1703
    Hey mate,

I've yet to come across any credible sources mentioning a gigafactory in Argentina. The only reference I've seen is a YouTube link shared in this discussion, but I'm hesitant to consider a Canadian teenager with 15k followers, broadcasting from his bedroom, as a reliable source. My perspective on the recent meetings between Musk and Milei is that they were merely an occasion for two self-aggrandizing individuals to mutually admire each other. Both seem to crave attention and demonstrate hypocritical behaviour. Elon champions free speech while Milei suppresses protestors in his own country, and conversely, Milei advocates for free markets while Elon advocates for tariffs on Chinese EV imports to the USA. Their actions are contradictory.

Regarding the Tesla/Argentina/AGY matter, I believe it can be dissected into two aspects:

What were the tangible outcomes of these meetings? From what I observed, the only results were mutual expressions of approval and Elon's endorsement of investing in Argentina. However, Tesla neither invests in Argentina nor sells vehicles there, so this is more a case of "do as I say, not as I do". To add further context regarding Tesla's current investment priorities, Elon was scheduled to visit India three weeks ago to announce a $2-3 billion investment but cancelled last minute. Additionally, Tesla has reduced production in China and scaled back plans for Giga-Mexico, opting to focus cell production in the USA due to IRA incentives. Since Argentina lacks a free trade agreement with the US, there's no incentive for Elon to focus on cell production there, nor is there any indication that he will. It's ultimately just a couple of attention-seekers giving each other high-fives and back slaps, until proven otherwise.

What relevance does this have to AGY? I see none. The connection between AGY and Tesla appears exceedingly weak. Even if there were some agreement between Milei and Musk, it would be more plausible for Elon to prioritise engagement with larger-scale Argentinian producers such as Arcadium, Lithium Argentina, and Eramine, each of whom offer significantly greater volume at earlier stages than AGY.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.002(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $55.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $271.6K 7.042M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1174965 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 1272049 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.