ASN 13.6% 12.5¢ anson resources limited

Anson Resources needs to start talking about climate change and...

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Anson Resources needs to start talking about climate change and low carbon dioxide credentials of their projects. Even in the recent financial report, no mention of anything relating to climate change or carbon dioxide emissions. Lake and Vulcan are all over it, promoting their projects for their ESG benefits (right from the start). I understand these themes will be discussed one day by Anson, but they need to demonstrate an interest in the themes now. Otherwise, their future statements may be perceived as green-washing.

Senior Analyst, Cameron Perks, from Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, recently stated in the Share Cafe Hidden Gems presentation that companies with an ESG focus are attracting more investment and it's helping their projects proceed and share value to grow. It's not just marketing spin. As he stated, the push for ESG-focused lithium (and other resources) relates to foreign investment and emission laws that are springing up everywhere. The European carbon border adjustment mechanism, is an example of mounting pressure for companies to produce carbon-neutral products. Vulcan Energy (zero-carbon lithium) has just signed a lithium off-take term sheet agreement with LG, demonstrating the attractiveness of their ESG product for battery electric vehicles. Lake has picked up on this theme, promoting their 'clean lithium', which has a double connotation: high purity and low environmental footprint. Meanwhile, Anson Resources can't even mention the words climate change or carbon dioxide, despite having similar ESG credentials to Lake if they were to power their Paradox project with renewable energy (like Lake is planning to do).

I am hoping that Anson Resources will wake up and get on board the ESG movement sometime soon. As I stated in a previous post, I contacted Anson about their ESG plans and received no response. I've had responses to my queries from Lake and many other companies, so I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of engagement around my ESG questions.

Last edited by GVHope: 01/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.015(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $161.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.3¢ $234.9K 1.963M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 286458 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 938553 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 13.6 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.3¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ 1221669
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
ASN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.