ASN 13.6% 12.5¢ anson resources limited

@Chris2184. I hope you are right that they will implement where...

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    @Chris2184. I hope you are right that they will implement where possible, and you make fair points.

I note that Vulcan Energy's agreement is with LG – the number one EV battery manufacturer in the world (not boutique). Lake are also targeting tier one companies for off-takes. Senior Analyst, Cameron Perks, also reiterated the importance of ESG lithium. Infinity Lithium (Spain) has run into trouble over environmental concerns too. ESG credentials are important and growing in importance fast. Hard rock lithium could very well run into trouble if its carbon footprint isn't reduced. The European carbon border adjustment mechanism is an example of things to come. Biden's pro-climate change stance will no doubt influence their policies too.

The whole purpose of the BEV revolution is because of the pressures mounting on keeping global temperatures below a rise of 1.5 degrees. According to the latest research, we are on target for 2.4 degree temp rise, with catastrophic consequences looming. World leaders are aware of this and the pressure is mounting for action. The reason we are riding the wave of lithium is because fossil fuels are now a market failure. They have failed because of pollution and contributions to global warming. Enter lithium. But if lithium repeats the harm of fossil fuels, it doesn't function to replace what has failed. Yes, there may always be some off-takers who'll buy any lithium, regardless of ESG credentials. But surely this will mean not selling at a premium price, and surely that is not ideal? There's no reason why Anson can't or shouldn't improve their ESG credentials and at least start talking about it. And if lithium can't be produced with low CO2, there's a risk of accelerating a substitution mineral that has lower CO2 impacts. We need to keep our eye on the end game – reducing global warming.

Many people on these forums are saying, "we need to get the word out." Well, here's an example of why bolstering ESG credentials helps to get the word out. Here's a quote from a recent * article: While lithium extraction is relatively cheap and effective, it begs the question of sustainability and long-term impact.” ... "It explains why new ‘environmentally friendly’ extraction techniques – like those championed by lithium stocks Lake Resources (ASX:LKE) and Vulcan Energy (ASX:VUL) – are gaining traction with the market."

No cross promotion intended in the above info – just making the point that given Anson is planning DLE for the Paradox project (like VUL and LKE), they could have also been mentioned in the * article, but weren't.

I see great potential in Anson – and hold – but the lack of discussion about climate change or CO2 is certainly not one of their strengths. For example, the positive flow of their brine to the surface, mentioned in the last announcement, no doubt means less power required for pumping – clearly a benefit to reducing CO2 emissions. Why not promote this benefit? It will only boost the appeal of the company to investors and off-takers.

I will write to them again. Hopefully, I'll get a response this time.
    Last edited by GVHope: 01/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.015(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $161.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.3¢ $234.9K 1.963M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 286458 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 938553 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 13.6 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.3¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ 1221669
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
ASN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.