NVX 3.08% 63.0¢ novonix limited

LIB Research; Extreme Fast Charging and extending battery life by 30%+

1. 1,288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 616
    While Novonix continues to expand sales of their Battery Testing Services and continues to develop the PUREgraphite 1,000tpa graphite anode plant.

I thought it might be beneficial for everyone to get a better understanding of Lithium Ion Batteries (LIBs), so below are a few videos that help to explain how LIBs work, as well as why Novonix is focusing on two crucial breakthrough technology areas for the Lithium Ion Battery industry.

Firstly, a youtube video that explains how LIBs work.

Lithium-ion batteries: How do they work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjyJhe7Q1g

Novonix has continually stated in their announcements that the company is focusing their development on extending the current LIB life by 30%+ AND Extreme Fast Charging (XFC).

How do they plan on achieving these milestones?

1. The PUREgraphite anode (Dr Ed Buiel)
    2. The electrolyte that allows the lithium ions to travel between the cathode (+ve) and anode (-ve) (Dr Chris Burns)

Dr Buiel's PUREgraphite technology allows rapid charging of the Lithium Ion Battery without the lithium ion plating and damaging the battery to the anode (Puregraphite). See images below.

Dr Burns is not only focused on growing the sales of the Battery Testing equipment and services, but also continues his research to develop a high purity electrolyte that utilises proprietary solution that improves the coulombic efficiency of an LIB, or extending the LIB lifespan by 30%+.

Dr Burns has been researching LIB electrolytes for a long time see below. I think this was shared last year by Rook123, BTW thanks for finding this.

https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=sEs6LcYAAAAJ&hl=en

Below are three more videos explaining where the LIB industry is at currently, as well as 2018 being the tipping point for EVs for significant expansion in terms of production.

I would like to get a better idea from the company how the grid storage market is looking.

One thing to notice is that the battery companies mentioned in these videos below, are the same, multi billion dollar companies Novonix has included in its presentations as its own customers in previous announcements and below.

Lithium ion Battery, Explained [Pt. 1/2]

Map of the Electric Vehicles industry [Pt 2/2]

Electric cars will come of age in 2018 | The Economist

The company has assembled a talented group of people, both on the BOD and at Senior Management levels.

It takes time to develop and implement the strategies that they have announced, in my honest opinion, if the company ticks off both of these technological breakthroughs, coupled with the continued sales growth of BTS and commercial production of the 1,000tpa PUREgraphite plant, then we are heading for a very exciting time indeed as shareholders.

Extraordinary company, run by extraordinary people....

G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
63.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.08%)
Mkt cap ! $308.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
65.0¢ 65.0¢ 63.0¢ $477.6K 749.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 201779 63.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
64.0¢ 19000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NVX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.