"The lefties on HC would not know what it's like to work in the...

1. 1,348 Posts.
    "The lefties on HC would not know what it's like to work in the building industry or what it's like being a business owner"

There is an assumption that people who don't work in the building industry and are business owners are not lefties.

That assumption couldn't be more wrong.

Why is it that some people who own a business expect special treatment?

I have worked for small business owners. Not once did small business owners whinge to me about paying me penalty rates on a weekend. They opened because it was profitable for them to open. They ran a successful business and still do.

They did what good business owners did calculated all their costs of staying open on weekends and compared it to their returns or takings and it was feasible for them to stay open.

Businesses who cannot afford to stay open would not be able to stay open even if they cut penalty rates.

The savings you get from cutting and employees penalty rates should not determine or decide if you should stay open on weekends or not - that excuse is just bulldust.

However I do agree that if an employee doesn't hold up their end of the bargain by not being a lazy employee then it should be easier to move them on and get someone who will do the job properly.

So on that maybe they just need to change the unfair dismissal laws.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.