Liberal party economic management, page-7

1. 18,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    you’re joking. When he moved back to tasmania he was a bit of a golden boy - became adviser on many fronts - to the liberal government

I can’t fathom sone of his thinking. His solution to education retention was to abandon the seniors college concept that had allowed motivated students attend colleges focused on the senior years with teachers able to concentrate on areas of strength. Now they are back to continuity through high school with the result that some subject classes are too small to stretch kids and otters - unviable. I think it’s going to prove be a mistake

he likes art and thinks it important but not one of his recommendations has ever really recognised the role it plays in tasmania.

he’s a non executive director of the Macquarie point development corporation. A much debated stadium at a ridiculous cost to the state. Funny he thinks we should not cut costs but instead raise revenue

I could pick over sone of his thinking but I don’t think he helps much.

tasmania loses many of its young people to other states. Its education system is focused on old sectors and areas of employment and there is precious little understanding of the potential value of an innovation, creative and digital sector. We cut down old growth forest and sell it cheaply - mostly as pulp and disk to properly support the tourist industry which is critically important to the economy

Tasmanian governments thinking is old and stale and better suited to a different era. I don’t think Saul has helped

but that’s simply my opinion

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.