Tony10 Abbott has done a fantastic job in bringing the Liberal...

1. 2,780 Posts.
    Tony10 Abbott has done a fantastic job in bringing the Liberal Party from a crushing defeat in 2007, to, in real terms, winning the election held in 2010.

Labor has only retained government, due to some very questionable deals done with all sorts of individuals, including Labor Independents, The Greens, Mining companies, Willie Wonka, the pizza delivery guy etc.

The question now for the Liberals is.....

"Who is the person best placed to take the Party forward in the medium to longer term??"

No panic at all in these deliberations. But, in the short term, this is the best time to make these decisions.

Labor will continue to self destruct, and the term of the current parliament is unknown, due to the flimsy balance of power situation.

So, who appeals most?

Is it Abbott??

Is it Turnbull??

Is it Dutton??

It's not Julie Bishop, in my opinion.

I think Turnbull has the most appeal at this time.

He is cool, level headed, and the right ideas to benefit Australia in the medium to long term.

He wants a Republic. He is positive towards the issue of climate change, without being a lunatic Green about it.

As I said,there is no panic here. Just planning for the future, and getting the leadership team right for the next challenge. Abbott has done a great job and continues to expose Labor as fraudsters. He will continue to be a thorn in Labor's side, no matter what. But, Liberals need to always think to the future. Don't leave it to the last minute.

I know that Turnbull has significant support within the Party, as does Abbott. It's time to have these discussions, in a calm and positive manner, unlike what we saw from Gillard with Kevin07.

cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.