liberal party leader , page-11

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Labor would have flown home in the last election had it not been for the mining tax issue and the fiasco that turned into which brought about Rudd's downfall.
    Tony Abbott and the Opposition only had to sit and watch not participate as Labor self-destructed.

Regards the global warming issue that cost both Labor and Liberal votes as people deserted them for the Greens. There are a lot of people who are passionate about this issue and denying that will lose you more votes than it will gain you.

The NBN was another vote winner for Labor.

The BER and the Pink Batts I doubt had any significant effect on voting intentions.

The war had little effect as the majors have the same policy but might have swung a few to the Greens.

Refugees are an issue people make a lot of noise about but I don't think anyone much actually changes their vote because of them.

Economic management..not many people are concerned about that as long as they are doing OK personally and most of us are, so it was not a vote swinger last election.

That IMO makes climate change the biggest vote influencing issue in the country followed last election by the mining tax mainly because of the miners campaign not the Liberals campaign, and the replacement of Rudd with Gillard.

Everything else was pretty insignificant IMO but I don't think having Tony Abbott as leader was a plus for the Liberals.

Dave R.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.