Hi Everyone, I am not sure how I stumbled across this thread,...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Hi Everyone,

I am not sure how I stumbled across this thread, however, I always read, learn and observe when I find something different.

Your current discussion on this thread doesn't seem to raise to any heights, a bit like question time in parliament, and the governing of this country, just endless going nowhere, and nothing moves forward.

I am not a die hard anything, that is Liberal, Labour or anything else. I just wish someone would lead. For that matter I am not a die hard Ford or Holden fan either. Australians can be odd, it is either one side of the fence or the other, and for some reason you have to make a choice. I choose not to, and make a decision at anytime based on facts available, not just blind belief.

I don't believe it is one politician, or party, that may appear to be heading in the right direction, is what we should be focusing on. What we really need is someone/party with vision that can get past the few minutes of media time, petty politics, or our current attention spans, and lead the rest of the short sighted population in Australia to a real long term future.

You may argue who that party maybe, or even person, however, none to date, have shown true leadership for future generations that some past leaders showed. None of our current crop of potential leaders have the real self confidence and selflessness to have the courage to make the right decisions for future generations of all Australians, regardless of the politics and the fall out, and the voting public know it.

Hence, the problem with what we have now.

We vote them in to represent our view, and expect them to make decisions that ensures our future growth and prosperity for all Australians. If they can't manage that, then maybe time to look at a different system.

Maybe we should go back to the original democratic system, not the one invented by the British. I won't bore you with the details, as I am sure you can google it. The Greeks invented democracy, it worked very differently then, and more equitable I would guess. Our current politicians wouldn't like it for many reasons, as they have limited terms, and what they earn, after serving as representatives of the people, is measured by how well the community improves, a simplified explanation, but you get the idea.

Just an odd thought, in the many bizarre thoughts in today's society.

Naturally, most of you prefer to only read a couple sentences, so I apologise for the length, but a bit hard to educate and get a point across in a couple of sentences, probably why Trump is struggling on Twitter, then again, more words than that maybe a challenge for him as well, like most on HC.

I guess what I have said may have already been covered, so apologies for mentioning again, and wasting anyone's time. I have read the current all the current thread, but haven't looked further.

If it is a struggle to read, just put me on ignore, and some may read further than 2 sentences and get a different opinion, to each his own I guess. Just my thoughts. Thanks.

Cheers
    gsmaree

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.