Libs ditched by going Sky Right,,,eh?, page-3

1. 6,979 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    If the Liberals go any further right they will be in the wilderness for a long time.

There is a change coming and I hope ALP grasp that fact becuase if they don’t, the Teal appeal (yes I rhymed it) will only grow.

The representation of the people has become a secondary factor rather than the primary factor of political reason. And when that happens the show deteriorates until the audience walks out or they start throwing stuff at the actors.

The last 9 years on top of the 6 of ALP before it has been totally unedifying. Both sets of Governments failing the people greatly.

But the last three years following those of Abbott, have been abhorrent. The Liberals are now RW Conservatives in everything bar name.

Menzies is a long lost figment in the imagination of the party. I actually think that is where the nation needs to return to.

As we constantly hear the mantra of the right that Government management is bad, and as we continually let business deregulate, drive and inevitably fail us, we see society becoming ever more divided along the “them” and “us” lines.

Australia needs to pull back from the US generated abyss and sort it’s problems out. There is time, but it’s shortening very quickly.

The next vote, if ALP don’t get a grip, will see Greens and Teals across the board. That will be the start of the long trek back to progressive government. And it will be long and tortuous.

Labor have a chance, I hope they use it. They could do a great job by using some of the Menzies tactics of old. The things that actually endeared people to the LNP.

They will have the backing of sensible Teal women and Greens to back sensible policy.

We need to change. We can’t go on dividing our people. We all count.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.