libs have it in the bag, page-54

1. 335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Good on you Fred. I'm working today so voted yesterday at Scotts Church Hall in Russell St. Melbourne cbd. As I left I noticed the 3 how to vote ladies, all of different political persuations, were having a friendly chat and I thought to myself, what a great country and system we are blessed with. To be able to vote as we please with no threat of violence or recrimination.
    Anyway I continued on around the corner and up Collins St. and came face to face with none other than John Howard, (ex Prime Minister - not actor). We shook hands and I said: "very pleased to meet you, how are we going to go tomorrow?" and he replied; "better than a lot of people are expecting". Another gent joined the conversation and after a short exchange off he went looking fit and happy.
    I thought to myself (again), here's a bloke hated and vilified by the left and here he is wandering around on his own in their stronghold. I repeat, WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY WE HAVE!!! Now this experience was a first for me as I never ever run into celebrities/famous people etc. so I had to ring my partner as she's always spotting them and she was suitably impressed. Now she's just rung to say that the next Premier of Victoria (come November) Ted Baillieu,was at our local polling booth handing out how to vote cards for Kelly O'Dwyer. I think I win.
    And in closing, there is no moral to this story but I'm really hoping it has been a happy co-incidental good omen!
    Nearly time to rip the top off one, cheers Fred,
    Audacious.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.