I am guessing he was referring to the plastic fantastic F88. I...

1. 2,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I am guessing he was referring to the plastic fantastic F88. I did alright with that one, but oh man, with the new EF88, I shot amazingly well. Seriously, meeting the Skill at Arms shoot with the EF88 was so much easier to qualify for the marksmanship badge. ( Not just me - everyone got better, even the non-combat corps.)

In the Australian Army, marksmanship is currently recognized by the award of one of three skill-at-arms badges.
    The 'Skill at Arms Badge' consists of a representation of crossed .303 Short Magazine Lee–Enfield (SMLE) rifles and is awarded for achieving a prescribed standard of shooting skill.
    This must be repeated within twelve months for the badge to be awarded in perpetuity to the recipient.

The 'Sniper's Badge' is similar in design but incorporates the letter 'S' into the design and is awarded to soldiers who qualify on the Army Sniper's Course.

The 'Army Top 20 Badge' consists of crossed .303 SMLE rifles upon a laurel wreath and is awarded to the final 20 competitors in the annual Champion Shot for the Army. The winner of this competition is also awarded the Champion Shots Medal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.