TLS 0.00% $3.82 telstra group limited

libs to give tls another monopoly...

1. 3,698 Posts.
    You just wait and see.

"A fibre network exempt from normal regulation"

This is the key to everything, mark my words.
    The Libs want to set up this Future Fund.
    They won't want it weighted toward one stock and they want to get as much for their shares as possible.
    The question is how will they get the price up and get people to buy it.

My view....give TLS another monopoly.

The only way they will be able to sell the stock is if they are allowed to build a fibre network free of normal regulations.
    TLS is already one of the most profitable telcos in the world. If they get this new network without regulations, they will have another monopoly.
    The company will worth a fortune. Funds from all over the world will pile in.
    The stock will go through the roof.

Minchin has hinted at that this might be the way they want to go in these statements.

"The minister also indicated sympathy for Telstra's bid to have a planned $3 billion residential fibre network exempt from normal regulations.

....It is critical that in assessing competition policy one does not ignore the critical impact on incentives to invest, particularly in a company this size," Senator Minchin said.

.....Competition shouldn't be an end, it should be a means to an end and must always be balanced against the importance of ensuring industry players have the incentives to invest."

In seems obvious to me that the Libs will some how or other will pave the way for the company to have a monopoly on the residential fibre network.

That is how they sell it and get the price they want.
    It is the only way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.