libya, page-23

1. 2,110 Posts.

mistyrains

Didn't you you said things like:

" democracy is not the cure all for some political or social ills. In fact, it can result in chaos and a breakdown in social order. I have said it several times before that in certain types of society, democracy, as a practical political ideology, does not work.

"don't be so cheerful for what is happening in Egypt. The muslim fundamentalists will take over. For precedence, look at what happened in Iran after the over throw of the Shah of Iran.

By the way, Eqypt was the only country which accepted the Shah when he left Iran. The US did not want him, despite for being a strong American ally for decades. Europe did not want him."

And again

Some people, including you, have bandied about "the will of the people". I just put to you a strightforward question: a few hundred thousands (I don't think there were millions out in the stretch) out of 82 or 83 million Egyptians, is that representative of the majority ?

So mistyrains, only a few hundred thousands protested in Egypt, and you were wondering if these few represent the true will of the people.

how about Libya protesters misty? a couple of hundred people ?!!!

How dare those idiots protest and demand democracy and freedom! shame on them hey?!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.