IRI 3.36% 77.0¢ integrated research limited

Was doing a bit of research on this company and it meets a lot...

1. 369 Posts.
    Was doing a bit of research on this company and it meets a lot of my investment criteria. My main 'likes' in bullet point form being:
    - High ROE
    - No Debt (and good cash balance)
    - healthy operating and net margins
    - Good earnings stability
    - high quality and diversified customer base
    - ability to translate earnings into distributable cash
    - Low capex. Granted in the last couple of years its increased but the amortisation basically equals capex.
    - and finally it trades on a fairly undemanding valuation by my calcs based on modest growth forecasts.

I do still have a query around license fees which I'm hoping someone on here will be able to answer.

Are the license fees a one-off cost to clients when they sign-up to use the software and therefore any future earnings are dependent on the sales team continuing to makes new sales? or;

Are the license fees for a fixed period (eg 5 years) in which case this is actually a recurring revenue and therefore a more predictable revenue stream?

Licencing fees have been quite consistent in achieving good growth year on year for the last 5 years, so I'm inclined to think it's a recurring revenue stream.

With licencing fees making up over half of total revenues even a small percentage movement will materially impact earnings, so this query will be a deciding factor in my decision to invest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
77.0¢
Change
0.025(3.36%)
Mkt cap ! $134.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
75.0¢ 77.0¢ 74.5¢ $228.0K 303.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1109 75.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
77.0¢ 3611 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.