LYC 0.77% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

DAP mum after Lynas powwow, says will release statement on Aug...

1. 408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87

DAP mum after Lynas powwow, says will release statement on Aug 15

KUALA LUMPUR: DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng and Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change Minister Yeo Bee Yin have kept mum over the outcome of a party powwow on Lynas Tuesday night (Aug 13).

They would only say that an announcement would be made on Thursday (Aug 15).

While both Yeo and Lim confirmed that a meeting, which stretched late into the night, had taken place to discuss the Lynas issue, Yeo's only comment was that the relevant government agency would announce the Cabinet decision on Thursday (Aug 15).

"I will also release a statement on the 15th, " she said before leaving with Lim in their official cars.

Following the meeting, Bentong MP Wong Tack said his opposition to the Lynas rare earth refinery plant in Gebeng, Pahang was shared by his comrades.

When asked if the party had reached a consensus on opposing the Lynas plant, Wong said the official announcement would be made by Yeo.

"But from the meeting, I received support from all levels that (the operating licence for) Lynas should be revoked, " he said.

Should the Cabinet go ahead and allow Lynas operate, Wong said he was certain that people would come out in droves to oppose it.

Asked if DAP leaders would resign from their Cabinet posts should Lynas be given the green light, Wong said he could not speak for others.

"At this moment, we stick together and fight on.

"I know the ground sentiment and that my colleagues in Parliament are with me.

"We will garner support and ensure the people's voice reach the Cabinet, " he added.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/14/dap-mum-after-lynas-powwow-says-will-release-statement-on-aug-15#GREolbDdvDPXdOFf.99

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/14/dap-mum-after-lynas-powwow-says-will-release-statement-on-aug-15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.050(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.51 $6.59 $6.49 $8.348M 1.273M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 16304 $6.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 2708 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.