CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

License, page-38

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    Benrich,

I've been on Hotcopper a long time, and an investor a decent time (almost 1/3rd of my life) and one thing that always happens on every forum is that if someone posts negatively, or even just not positively is that holders of the stock get upset... it's a fact of life unfoortunately. However.. IF you assume anyone's motives, on here, or by volume (which you will see often, you will hear 'this is accumulation' or 'this is distribution' etc etc) then you're doing yourself a disservice. You should listen to the information people present, see if it's something you've thought about, researched, know the answer.

If it is, great! no more action required. If it isn't, then why not? is it unknowable? is it a risk (all stocks have risk)? is it an opportunity? what's the sensitivity to the stock - if it goes the other way, what will I lose? what could I gain?

I am not a shorter (I doubt you could short QBL even if you wanted to, which broker would allow it) nor am I trying to drive the stock either way. I started following this company because of the Bauxite, and some of the interesting practices, and I've continued to follow the story to where we are today out of interest and to test my own assumptions.

There are several of these stocks which I follow purely out of interest, but they also serve to test my fundamental assumptions about how I value the market and what I consider important (mostly management, far more than anything else I value the management team of a stock).

As for the demand/supply, I know there is demand, people will like hemp products, but there will also be plenty of supply (manufacturers who have made products for years) where as MCL as far as I know doesn't have a plantation fully grown yet, let alone a manufacturing facility, a product range, etc etc. There is also the question of margins, hemp is easy to grow, but you need to grow a lot of it and make a lot of products to make it cheap for the consumer. Most people would pay 50c more Australian made/grown but they won't pay $3-4 more, and thus the margins in food/consumer items will be far tighter than in MM.

that's why I was wondering about the MM license, with most people in here telling me MCL was the most advanced MM company in Australia, I was genuinely surprised to see another ASX company (and since then find out 2 other non-listed companies) have already got licenses to grow MM in australia and MCL has not.
    Last edited by nihilism: 09/05/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.