MSB 8.25% $1.05 mesoblast limited

Licensees and MSCs, page-2

1. 1,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3868
    Despite being from the "opposition", I've recently started following this thread more closely, as some posters on here spend a lot of time sharing their research and knowledge. It is much appreciated!
    I'm not a holder for various reasons (as you can see by my previous posts), but that aside, I'd like to add a few things to your post @Treed:

Regarding your estimate of 2,000 people with Crohn's Disease (CD) affected by complex perianal fistulas, TiGenix did actually provide estimates in their company presentation dated June 2017, and their estimates work out to be much higher than that:

Screenshot_20180317-104952.png

http://tigenix.com/wp-content/themes/tigenix/images/TiGenix_Corporate_Presentation.pdf

In the same presentation they also provide an estimated penetration rate of 15-25%, an estimated (conservative) price per dose (and you'll see why the US is such an important market to tap into as the price per dose could be up to double of that in the EU) and consequently estimated peak sales (per year):

Screenshot_20180317-105658.jpg

It is a niche market this product is addressing, but royalty income nonetheless.

There are similar indications that Cx601 may be able to address (credit to Sanders on seekingalpha.com):
    • Rectovaginal fistulas in CD,
    • Enterocutaneous fistulas in CD,
    • Complex anal fistulas in non-CD,
    • Intestinal ulcers in CD and
    • Intestinal ulcers in Ulcerative Colitis.

That could certainly increase the number of addressable patients for this product (and royalties payable, which is the bit that matters the most to investors, given that MSB is not charity).

The reason why Mesoblast is still continuing their trial in CD is simply because Cx601 is not to address CD as such, but instead complex perianal fistulas in patients with CD, which is a common complication of CD. Two different things.

Also, one more thing @dontfollowme:
    comparing a "SP relative to company position" only really makes sense when the SOI (Shares On Issue) are the same. It would make more sense to compare the MC, and for now, it still reflects the fact that MSB has more disease targets which are further advanced.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.080(8.25%)
Mkt cap ! $1.196B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $4.636M 4.498M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 95109 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 376066 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.