LICs, page-312

1. 1,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I understand your point re Morphic and its size vs competitors. Out of curiosity how much of a part does the product play vs performance and the management team? Obviously Morphic are running quite a niche strategy. From your experience what strategies/products tend to attract the most investor attention independent of performance and the manager(s)?

With some of the issues in the LIC space why do some of these managers under say 50m not embrace a managed account type structure for clients? I've always wondered why that doesn't get more play? Extremely low cost, transparent, liquid etc. There are lots of multi asset platforms in Australia that could facilitate this now (aussie shares plus internationals among other markets). I understand it would offer no guarantees for the manager as funds can be pulled on the spot, but if you're good that wouldn't be a concern right... Of course it impedes growth in the long term but again if you're good this isn't an issue, as you could restructure when the time comes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.