Senator Lidia Thorpe doesn’t represent Victorians and should...

1. 7,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166

Senator Lidia Thorpe doesn’t represent Victorians and should resign

Lidia Thorpe’s continued presence in the Australian parliament is embarrassing, disgusting and divisive, and her colleagues have looked the other way for far too long.

Doesn’t Lidia Thorpe know that nothing good happens after 3am?

The Victorian-based federal MP disgraced herself once again by brawling with patronsoutside a strip club on the streets of Melbourne at 3am over the weekend.

She’s now been placed on the blacklist by Maxine’s Gentleman’s Club after taunting one man about his small penis and telling another “you are marked”.

At one point she yelled: “Any black man that stands with the f***ing white little c*** like that – youse can all get f***ed too.”

It’s just more reason why Ms Thorpe should resign.

Even kids on schoolies behave better than this.

Not only has she behaved like this in a public place, but she says she’s done nothing wrong.

Ms Thorpe said she was merely fighting for her “black brothers” but I’m pretty sure none of her brothers — black or otherwise — want a ranting drunk woman spewing expletives in their honour.

This ugly spat shows once again that Ms Thorpe feels entitled to use her race to accuse others of racism and to justify her appalling behaviour.

Let’s have a quick recap of the Ms Thorpe shame file.

This is a woman who told a female Liberal senator “at least I keep my legs shut” in 2021, and crowed over a fire in Old Parliament House.

Her political brand sunk to new lows when her secret relationship with a former Rebels bikie leader was revealed last year.

More recently, she disrupted the Sydney Mardi Gras by lying on the ground wrapped in an Aboriginal flag and had to be moved on by police.

Oh, and there was the time she clashed with Policeat a pro-women’s rally in Canberra before crawling across wet grass with an Aboriginal flag draped over her back.

Taxpayers do not deserve to subsidise the lifestyle of this miscreant for another five years at a base salary of $217,000 a year.

She should immediately face a bipartisan motion of censure for bringing parliament into disrepute. Her colleagues have looked the other way for far too long.

Ms Thorpe says she is too busy protecting Indigenous sovereignty and securing a treaty.

If only that was true.

Instead, she’s spending her time picking fights with drunk men outside of nightclubs, being a pest at public events, calling others names and clashing with police.

Ms Thorpe, let me be very clear. You do not represent Victorians and you do not speak in our name.

Your continued presence in the Australian parliament is embarrassing, disgusting and divisive.

It’s time to put everyone out of their misery and resign.

Susie O’Brien is a Herald Sun columnist

Hear hear! A disgrace. How true are the last two paragraphs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.