This is from Tesla Sydney when I enquired about battery life to...

1. 103 Posts.
    This is from Tesla Sydney when I enquired about battery life to purchase a Model S; hope it helps:

Thanks for getting in touch.

The battery in our vehicles gets covered (along with the motor and powertrain) with an 8 year, unlimited km warranty.
    To this date we are yet to replace a battery in a vehicle in Australia due to fault/performance.

I’ve spoken with our engineers regarding lifetime and they’ve indicated that after a 10 year period the battery should still hold around 80% of its original charge.

Having said this, it’s likely that when we start getting to a point where our batteries have been in use for over 10 years and replacements become more important we will likely introduce a program to resolve these issues.

You can also be assured that the battery is 100% safe.

Were you after any other specific information?
    Happy to help in any way.

Kind regards,
    Robbie Hausman | Inside Sales Advisor
    Sydney, Australia | UTC +10.00
    p
    1800 68 6705 | [email protected]

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Tesla Motors, and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited. Thank you.
    P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.