NGI 0.25% $1.96 navigator global investments limited

lighthouse partners

1. 886 Posts.
    In my quest to find reasons why I should hold/add to /reduce or terminate my holding in HFA I have been trying to find info on Lighhouse Partners, which at the end of the day is the powerhouse or otherwise of the business. This is what I have found after exhaustive 'googling'
    BTW my decision after reading the item below is to continue adding, while at the same time keeping patient.
    Any/ all comments much appreciated:
    "HFA regains Lonsec rating
    Wednesday, 15 April 2009 12:05pm
    Lonsec has reinstated HFA Asset Management's International Shares fund ‘recommended' rating.

The fund had been on ‘fund watch' since January 20 because of "uncertainty surrounding the parent company, HFA Holdings". Those concerns have since been allayed, Lonsec said.

In the firm's report, Lonsec said it has confidence in the abilities of Lighthouse Partners president and co-chief investment officer, Sean McGould and co-chief investment officer, Kelly Perkins. Lighthouse Partners is a subsidiary of HFA Holdings.

The HFA International Shares fund posted a positive 0.36 per cent return over a three-month period to February while the MSCI World ex Aust Gross Index (USD) lost more than 15 per cent.

The fund lost more than 2.5 per cent over a one-year period to February against the same index that lost over 46 per cent.

"The ability to maximise returns in line with overall markets during a bull market while preserving capital during the tough times is at the heart of absolute return investing," said Oscar Martinis, HFA Asset Management managing director.

"This stability and consistency is a direct result of our ability to identify research and invest with the best absolute return managers in the world."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NGI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.