OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

Hey Nooch, Totally get what your saying, I would also he...

1. 107 Posts.
    Hey Nooch,

Totally get what your saying, I would also he hesitant to go out and spend extra $$$ on novelty lighting. Buuuut, as RC lighting comes more common and affordable it won't be 'novalty' factors driving sales it will be the energy saving component. And we will see this in new dwellings as the cost savings will add up just like we are seeing with the conversion to LED. They started off expensive but now they are cheap. Lighting is just one component of the transition into smart homes.
    Ever left your a/c on overnight in the living room? I have a few times and I see it in my power bill. Get tired of your kids leaving unused lights on? Want to start your washing machine 1hr before u get home? I could go on for ever...and yes some of the OEM appliances can do this already (such as timers) but to be able to control all devices through one program makes life easy and will provide up to the minute power consumption statistics and even usage forcasts to help people optimise their usage in the home. If I was building a home I would pay more for all the lights to be RC simply because the savings would add up over time and outweigh the initial cost many times over.

Anyway what has this got to do with Xped and Philips...well I'm not saying I believe 100% that we have a deal but here is another piece of information that makes me belive there is a good chance...and also on a broader scale with simular applications.

If you read how to setup your Hue light system it actually contains many steps and is a little difficult really. For consumers to be attracted to something it has to be as easy as possible. This is where the Hue light system drops a few points. Well ADRC can help with that...how? Just tap ur phone on each light as you install it then tap it on the 'Hue bridge' done!
    Have a read of the current setup if ur interested. http://www.howtogeek.com/247500/how-to-set-up-your-philips-hue-lights/

20160925_112826.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.