LHG unknown

re: lihir, gold and gold stocks How can anyone make sense of...

1. SCD
    3,438 Posts.
    re: lihir, gold and gold stocks How can anyone make sense of such a volitile day...it confounds me...LHG was up nicely when gold was between $412-$415oz last night...and following the change in text from the FOMC...everything collapsed including gold and Lihir. That said...Gold is still trading just above $410oz as I speak...which is $6 up on its lows from yesterday.

Moreover, we had news that...

1. India has dropped import restrictions for gold

2. ODJ Bullion Traders Cautiously Upbeat On Tanigaki Gold Remarks (see text below)

Sydney, Jan. 28 (Dow Jones) - Asian bullion traders have reacted with
    cautious optimism to remarks Wednesday afternoon by Japan's finance minister
    on the country's desire to re-examine its foreign exchange reserves, including
    its gold holdings.

"It's certainly very interesting, and if Japan do go ahead and buy more,
    it would have a very, very positive impact on gold," Martin Mayne, associate
    director of bullion sales at N M Rothschild and Sons in Sydney, told Dow Jones
    Newswires.

Sadakazu Tanigaki said his ministry will carefully consider whether to change the composition of its US$673.53 billion in forex reserves, including the weighting of gold in that total.

According to the latest data, Japan has a relatively low amount of bullion
    compared with other nations, including the U.S. The market may interpret the
    remark as suggesting it will move to diversify its portfolio on concern over
    heavy exposure to U.S. dollar-denominated assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LHG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.