PDN 4.61% $12.63 paladin energy ltd

So do a few of you think Abe will roll every Mayor in the...

1. 11,075 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 679
    So do a few of you think Abe will roll every Mayor in the country ,and walk over the top of their constituents as well, and declare every reactor open right away - even the most dodgy of them, or do you think he will stick to his commitments on the matter? He is rightfully pushing to get as many reactors pumping power as quickly as possible - but he has always stated that they must meet the new NRA regulations.

He can push more resources into getting them restarted - but it is a process, and at present the process requires the approval of the NRA and the local government as well. It will not be just the flicking of a switch. I doubt very much he would flick the switch even if he could - as the country could not easily afford another Fukushima.

I haven't really seen anything to suggest that the election is framed around nuclear power at all. There seem to always be three points - the three arrows. Nuclear seems to hardly rate a mention in the Japanese English language press I have been reading. Abe can only be president for 6 years (not sure why - but it is not Russia), but elections are every four years. I think he wants to make sure he can finish the job - so will hope to have the job for four more years after this election. If everybody votes for him - then he will do what he has said he will do - more Abenomics. So it is a bit of a referendum type situation, and he is popular now - but may not be in two years, the way things are going.

Also as mentioned for nuclear power - China is a much bigger deal than Japan, India is a bigger deal. Why is everybody focussed on Japan?
    Last edited by CaptainBarnacles: 09/12/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.63
Change
-0.610(4.61%)
Mkt cap ! $3.738B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.52 $12.71 $12.09 $57.46M 4.609M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 5775 $12.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.63 2054 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.34pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.