AFG 0.00% $1.35 australian finance group ltd

For what it's worth I'll be voting against this one. The payment...

1. 6 Posts.
    For what it's worth I'll be voting against this one. The payment in 21 months is meaningless to me. Anything could happen in that time so I'm only counting the money we would get up front. And there's plenty of us who paid a whole lot more than $42 each.

My POV though is that when Allco made the guarantee over AHUG they would have expected that the average investor would read that to mean that Allco would have to fall over before AHUG were worth less than 100 cents in the dollar. A tip sheet that I read in January wrote "Allco has come out and said that it will stand behind these securities, therefore Allco will need to fail before these notes fail". Now I'm not suggesting that I believe everything that is printed in tip sheets however the message is clear that "experienced and professional" investors read the guarantee as meaning just that. So when I put this together and when I read the guarantee I didn't automatically expect that they would pay out in full, but I did expect a lot more than the current offer. And I didn't expect that AFG would be improving their own financial position at the same time as asking us creditors to take a loss.

If Allco offered something in the region of $55 to $60 up front then I would start listening.

Can anyone clarify exactly what and how much AFG stands to gain if it is all approved?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.35
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $364.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.35 $1.38 $1.34 $511.7K 377.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2619 $1.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.36 3223 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.