LKE 5.88% 3.6¢ lake resources n.l.

Lilac CEO on CNN, LKE also mentioned, page-9

1. 4,455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3113
    Just saw this on Linked In the stand out items for me (without reading all of the other posts above) :
    - "Kachi... it's a very large Lithium Resource in Argentina"
    - "We've completed more than 20,000 hours of continuous operation with the Kachi brine showing that the technology works"
    - "We've tested more brines & completed more hours of test work than anybody else in the industry"
    - "We've tested more than 60 brines from all over the world & completed tens of thousands of hours of operation & bench scale & at pilot scale out in the field. Last year we completed our first pilot on site in the field, so this will be our second pilot plant. We're now highly confident that this will be successful."
    - "The critical advantage of the Lilac technology is not only can we get good performance - high lithium recoveries, high selectivities (edit: I don't know what this means??) but we can maintain that performance over time & do it with low cost..... and we've proven that with test work based on real brines"

My take :
    20,000 hours on Kachi brines, 'it's a very large resource' - this has me thinking that the resource estimate numbers are potentially going to be much much larger than expected when the numbers are released as all this effort for the lower grade resource becoming economic to process would be more than justified if it is a multi-year (decade), large scale expansion potential.
    60 brines - To have the confidence to go out to 60 other resource developers & say, hey, we'll test your brine & provide you results, says to me that this technology is pretty well proven. If it was 5 or 10, different story, but I can't even make a list of 60 brines & to imagine that this could work even on 10% of them, would put it in the upper league of DLE technologies. Which of course means for some it may not be the first pass in the process if the brine requires additional processing steps to prepare it for Lilac Ion-Exchange (aka the brine economics might not stack up adding this step).
    They have a good handle on competiting technologies & theirs stands up in terms of repeatability, long term operational durability, low cost - again the lower grade at Kachi is important for the first project as it is one of 60 potential brine resources & this means if Kachi is lower than one of the others which Lilac worked with, then their projects are automatically economical. IOW they are establishing the base line for DLE with Kachi.

Apologies if this is covered above, but I'm not sure how you could watch this & come away thinking there is a case to short this based on the technology. They sound like they've 'scienced the sh!t out of this' & the major backers in BEV have the 'commercializing new technology' process down to a fine art which is what we're seeing here.
    Excellent interview which addressed the criticisms & provided lots of good information.
    Last edited by Propunter2: 26/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.002(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $60.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.7¢ 3.4¢ $220.4K 6.213M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 376678 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 826925 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.