LIN 11.5% 14.5¢ lindian resources limited

Also worth acknowledging that the REE sector is current out of...

1. 410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    Also worth acknowledging that the REE sector is current out of favour and REE prices dropped pretty rapidly which started occurring in 1QCY23 which was prior to MRE release. We also had big market sell down and a very negative global environment. This is a large driver for the drop off, as Nippy and others are suggesting. Most REE stocks have dropped, except for MEI for some reason. Low REE prices, EV demand has been slow including in China. Perhaps talk of reducing REE magnets use in EVs is also spooking instos, though. Alot of factors at play here.

I would also prefer a more experienced management team so do not disagree that this is also a factor. Alistair has done a good job to date though. Be good to see how the next few months pan out and prove they can continue this into development phase. As i've said before, LIN isn't going downstream so their operation isn't as complex (though i am no REE expert) so feels easier to achieve.

Given the strategic value in having a world class tier 1 asset - even if the current mgmt team isn't up to it - at the very least it will be a good acquisition target. I saw that PEK has brought in Macquarie capital which it said was to assist with takeover defence. Clearly they are subject to take over interest at their very low level and surely LIN is similar (though any offers have been be $1bil +).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.015(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $167.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $137.6K 981.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17000 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 135206 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 11.5 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ 400330
Last updated 15.44pm 03/05/2024 ?
LIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.