LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

Linc - a joke, page-60

1. 14,151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 705
    All I'm saying is that nothing much makes sense just yet. Looking forward to the court case just from a curiosity perspective.

If the judgement doesn't go in favour of the QLD govt there are grounds for massive compensation payouts to Linc.

The dept would have surely ratified/audited Linc's environmental monitoring results and methods annually during the trial phase of UCG because of the issues with UCG trials in the US a decade earlier. If there has been a breach on the scale reported on 7:30 report last night then the Dept also has a lot of questions to answer of its testing verification program when it comes to environmental monitoring in experimental mining methods.

How many other ecological disasters are they not aware of?

The discovery of methane in the ground above coal deposits to me at least is not very surprising.

remember a few years ago arrow energy exploration well caught fire.

Recently QLD govt test well was not capped to industry standards and was leaking gas.

It could be Linc caused an undetected environmental disaster but it could also be public servant incompetence that has led to this point - we will soon enough find out what the court thinks is the truth.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.