LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

for those that aren't familiar with the full anglo article, here...

1. 5,048 Posts.
    for those that aren't familiar with the full anglo article, here it is,

Anglo American Plans To Expand
    Energy Operations - Manager

25- 4 - 07 12:29 PM EDT

LONDON -(Dow Jones)- Anglo American is planning to expand its energy operations through its activities in clean coal, possibly through acquisitions or a joint venture.
    Options for the mining giant’s expansion in energy could include buying into companies already prominent in clean-coal technology, such as Linc Energy Ltd. or Rentech Inc. (RTK), or establishing joint ventures, Pierre Ranwell, business development manager at Anglo’s coal unit, said Wednesday.

The company is “expanding energy exposure through coal-to-liquids for an energy-focused division within Anglo Coal,” Ranwell told Dow Jones Newswires.

Anglo American already has joint-venture agreements with Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSB.LN) on coal-to-liquids, or CTL, projects in Australia and China.

Anglo American also supplies South African energy company Sasol Ltd. (SSL) with 4 million to 5 million tons of coal per year for CTL projects, Ranwell said. He said the company would look at how to mimic Sasol’s success in CTL projects.

The move to expand in energy comes at a time of restructuring and change at Anglo American.

Anglo American Chief Executive Cynthia Carroll, who took over from CEO Tony Trahar in March, has cut three chairman positions at three wholly-owned divisions including the coal division, a spokesman for the company confirmed Friday.

The company’s base metals, coal and industrial metals units will no longer have chairmen, the spokesman said.

“I am introducing changes to our corporate structures so as to up the tempo, reduce bureaucracy and enable faster decision making... I have already removed one layer of management and increased my own interface with the business unit management teams,” Carroll said in a speech.

-By Sarah McFarlane, Dow Jones Newswires; 44 20 7842 9327;

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.