PDN 0.48% $12.48 paladin energy ltd

Geddo, I think you have a handle on it, GE have bought into...

1. 1,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Geddo, I think you have a handle on it, GE have bought into Paladin for surety of future supply, and for much the same reasons Areva took a swipe at SMM. The 'one stop shop' for Nuclear power is integral to all this global expansion now on the boards, however, because we in Australia only concern ourselves with the sales of raw materials, market punters tend to miss these strategic issues and don't quite understand why GE have a presence in PDN. Perhaps even viewing it as a casual affair, when it is not. Indeed, far from it

The point is, even when the price of U308 rose to its dizzying heights it still only represented about 5% of the costs of running a reactor, indeed, raw materials are a nothing cost compared to the same ratios for coal burners. Nevertheless, cost ratios aside, a strong global trend to nuclear power generation is only viable if supply can be guaranteed, year in year out. Thus the recent deal consumated between India and the US. Which now means India has a green light with its extensive nuclear generation program. China of course is well on track with its own, where as I understand it, the Japanese Westinghouse reactors have favour

I'm of the view that people somehow think the nuclear industry is a "future" event, something we can invest in when it happens.

Yet the truth is, it's happening right now

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.48
Change
0.060(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $3.724B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.45 $12.76 $12.26 $26.57M 2.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6286 $12.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.48 5038 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.