ASX 0.87% $60.00 asx limited

linux operating system. worth a try, page-3

1. 29,688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    re: linux operating system. madmacs. worth a try i do not really know what i am doing - i played around with dual booting - and got no where. linux on a usb drive is interesting. i just threw out a old laptop, because it would not recognize the hard drive - but hey, it would have been perfect for puppy linux. the whole system, runs in ram, so no hard disk is needed - except that it is possible to store stuff on the hard drive - where it creates its own little space - so i suppose that files can be stored on the usb drive. the beauty of running linux - and it seems that pupy is the easiest way to go ( i tried a few others - but puppy made it so easy) - is that a whole operating system is on the flash drive - and no trace is left on the host computer - and why would that be good - well, my wife is going overseas, and she may wich to do some internet banking - transfers etc etc - and a person has to worry about security - phising - and with keystroke loggers etc etc - then some care needs to be taken. i am using puppy on a older computer, and i needed to create a bootfloppy, so that puppy linux could be recognized on the usb drive.

actually, in the end, it is all a bit confusing for the wife, and for internet security, going overseas, i have installed a small version of opera (designed for usb flash drives) on a flash drive. the flash drive is password protected, and the password manager in opera, can be set up, so that only part of the password is saved - and the other bit needs to be keyed in - a key stroke logger would have buckleys chance of finding out anything

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$60.00
Change
0.520(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $11.63B
Open High Low Value Volume
$59.54 $60.22 $59.50 $25.48M 424.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 600 $59.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$60.01 288 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.