CGT 0.00% 21.0¢ castlemaine goldfields limited

lion is now castlemaine's new daddy

1. 137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Relatively sure Lion, with help from some friends (CGT directors & Weiss) have enough shares to assume control of CGT. In yesterday's BRR broadcast the CEO all but said Lions offer would not be extended any further and the accumulator has stopped accumulating, I'm guessing they've accumulated enough. Also that 21mil share transfer looked ominous yesterday. Once Lion are pulling all the strings, the remaining holders will have to cop Lion's offer, otherwise Castlemaine will likely be run in a way that makes it look very unattractive and the CGT sp will be pushed down to near nothing. A little advice to the new Lion shareholders, don't allow Lions SGX brokers to sell your shares for you. Look what happened to SBL acceptees, the brokers dumped their shares on the market basically all at once and the sp fall from 1.10 to 90c. After the dumping the sp rose consistently again and look where it is now, 1.30. So hold your Lion shares a while and make your own brokerage arrangements through a suitable Aust broker. My guess is Lion's sp will rise again once the takeover is completed and the initial dumping has passed. Best the CGT holders can do after being sold down the river.

Thank goodness the corporate laws in Aust ensure company Directors always act in the best interest of all shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.